Friday, March 4, 2011

Smell of Burning Tamarack

OK, so the smell of burning tamarack is not a hobby, but I got to say there are a ton of hobbies that fit in with that. There’s camping and hiking, RV’ing and even people that have hobbies of saving money and heat their homes with outdoor wood boilers can really enjoy the smell of burning tamarack.

When I go camping I love to burn pine trees, which tamarack falls in to the family of.  That smell sends back memories and of good times and it also it a great reminder that I’m outdoors and doing something that I enjoy. I’m not cooped up in the office and I can feel free. It’s almost like any time I smell burning tamarack that I think I’m on vacation and it feels like it has to be the weekend for sure.

Now don’t get that confused with all of the possible bad burning smells. You know, the other kinds of wood that smell more like a house burning to the ground or smell more like a wet dirty ashtray that hasn’t been emptied in years. That’s not the good kind of smells that bring back fond memories. No, but give me a nice simple campfire that has a few pine logs thrown in for some awesome aroma and I’ll be in good shape.

If you have an indoor fireplace you can get that smell anytime you want.

TIPS: When you go for a walk, pick up some pine cones and burn those. They are good fire-starters and kindling and will also give you some of the nice pine smell.

Pine / tamarack burns very fast and very hot. Be careful anytime you’re around fire, even something as fun and relaxing as a campfire.

If you have horses, you can use pine shavings and chips as ground covering and bedding and help eliminate other not so pleasant smells.

Get to know your favorite kind of wood.

GINORMAsaurus Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment